National Engineering Month - 2019 Design Challenge
Location: Sir William Mulock SS, 705 Columbus Way, Newmarket, Ontario, L3X 2M7
Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Time: 4 p.m - 8 p.m (Pizza dinner is provided)
Apply science and technology for fun and prizes!
The Professional Engineers Ontario - York Chapter Education Committee is organizing an Engineering Design Challenge for grades 7 and 8 students in York Region.
The Design Challenge: Electromagnetic Motor
The focus of this year’s Design Challenge is for students to design and build a simple electric motor using materials supplied. The performance of the motor will be judged on:
- Rotational speed (rpm)
- Weight of the entire motor assembly, and
- Optimized use of material
The design requirements, limitations and materials will be provided at the start of the challenge.
Students will plan, build and test their designs on Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 at
Sir William Mulock Secondary School using materials provided by York Chapter Professional Engineers Ontario.
- 4 students per team.
- 1 teacher/adult representative per team (must not contribute to the design or build process).
- Registration is limited to a maximum of 20 teams from schools within York Region.To maximize the number of participating schools, we limit registration to 1 team per school and place the additional teams on a waiting list.
- Engineering Science Prizes and certificate for the top 3 teams.
- Each student will receive a National Engineering Month Design Challenge T-shirt and a certificate of participation.
- Please read the consent form before registration. By registering for the Design Challenge, you agree to the terms of the consent form.
- Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nem-design-challenge-2019-peo-york-chapter-tickets-56124507914
- Registration closes on Monday March 25th at 8:00 p.m or when all tickets are sold out, whichever comes first.
For more information please contact