Volunteers are critical to the operations of PEO York Chapter as the chapter is co-ordinated entirely by volunteers.
If you are interested in joining the team of volunteers, come out to an event that we organize or join us at the next executive meeting and talk to the current executive team to learn more about the various areas that you can contribute. You can choose to volunteer in various areas depending on your interests and availability.
Why volunteer with PEO York Chapter?
- Grow your network
- Be recognized
- Develop new skills
- Be part of a team
- Looks good on resume
- Learn local business trends/drivers
- Project Management
- Organize events and tours
- Speaker at a technical seminar
- Visit an elementary classroom
- Introduce engineering to elementary and high school students
- Guide EITs and foreign trained engineers through P.Eng. licensing process
- Connect with local politicians
- Connect with local businesses
Volunteer Recognition Service program
PEO has introduced a new recognition program to recognize the service that volunteers provide to the association. The efforts of volunteers result in many accomplishments and contribute to the operation and success of PEO.
The Volunteer Recognition Service program recognizes volunteers who have served on chapters, committees/ task forces and PEO Council, and celebrates achievements of milestone years of service. The recognition pin is awarded to recognize five, 15, and 20 years of service. The Engineers Canada Fellowship pin recognizes 10 years of service. A special sterling silver pin is awarded when a volunteer has 25 or more years of service.